It is extremely heartwarming when I consider the generosity of the people who each year make donations to the trust. These donations extend from a financial commitment to volunteering personal time and professional expertise and take on the following forms:
1. Financial donations which are extremely important and range from the large corporations which sponsor groups of learners to individuals who sponsor or share the sponsoring of individual learners.
2. A number of sponsors are committed to ensuring our annual dinner takes place successfully by supplying the venue and providing the catering. Others sponsor the liquid refreshments enjoyed during the course of the evening.
3. There are sponsors who donate their services and expertise in designing and arranging the decor for the evening.
4. Yet others donate a range of items to be auctioned on the evening.
5. A donor has provided all the learners from grades 9 to 12 with memberships of The Wildlife and Environment Society of South Africa (WESSA). These learners will
all be involved in community environmental programmes run by WESSA.
6. A donation has been made toward assisting the trust in promoting career coaching and counselling with our learners.
7. Young professionals regularly volunteer their time to speak to our learners and act as role models.
8. There have been regular donations of clothing and musical instruments which have gone a long way to helping the learners. This generosity and continued support is much appreciated.
There are many others who donate willingly in so many other ways as well. Every donation is hugely appreciated and does help to make the efforts of creating educational opportunities for our trust learners so much more worthwhile